Well, this is an incredibly rare and incredibly handy piece (pun intended)!
This large antique figa can be used to extend chains that have bolt ring/dog clip clasps, or wear it as a pendant with charms attached where the small bail is situated.
Likely dating to the Victorian era, if not earlier, this fabulous figa is crafted in 9-carat gold and has incricatge engraved floral detail on the large bail.
The hand is hollow, ideal for wearing with your favourite chains as it wont add too much weight or pull on your chain.
Styling tip: Connect the figa to a chain that has a bolt ring on one end and a dog clip on the other end - the bolt ring should be attached to the smaller bail on the figa. You can also use an individual bolt ring to connect the figa to a chain with two dog clips.
Rare Large Antique 9ct Gold Figa Hand Extender
- Antique: likely Victorian or earlier
- 9-carat gold
- Length: 40mm
- Width: 12mm at widest part of the hand, 15mm at the widest part of the engraved bail
- Depth: 7mm at thickest section of the fist
- Small bail: 4.7mm external diameter
- Weight: 3.19g
- No hallmarks, professionally tested as 9ct gold throughout
- Excellent antique condition
Unless otherwise stated, any chains, jewellery boxes, and other items photographed with the listed piece are for advertising purposes only and not sold with this piece.